Over these past six weeks I have gotten the privilege to intern at a startup company called Trunkaroo. Trunkaroo designs hands-on projects for children from ages three to eight and delivers them through a monthly subscription. I am a very passionate and hard worker, and I love children. Therefore, when I realized I had an opportunity to work as a marketing and research intern for Trunkaroo, I was ecstatic.
Over the course of the six weeks that I have been here, not only have I learned a lot, but I have also done a lot. Since I did so many tasks, I am going to list them in chronological order:
- Made back seat bingo cards
- Went through articles to find contact information to help promote Trunkaroo
- Hand delivered a trunk to ensure efficiency and maintain good relations with a great customer
- Made trunks & delivered trunks
- Organized and created shipping labels
- Found Instagram and Facebook social media followers of bloggers
- Researched top primary schools in the UK to contact and to send them information about Trunkaroo
- Created labels to ship to primary schools & nurseries
- Made voucher codes (either $10 off or a free box) for each
- Created goody bags with tea bags & stamped the trunkaroo logo on it
- Noted in a spreadsheet where each person who ordered a “trunk” heard about Trunkaroo through cookies and business analytics
I am so very grateful to have had Sahar Meghani as my supervisor. I could not have asked for a more kind and helpful individual to guide and help me become a more experienced worker. I believe that Trunkaroo has a bright future because of her determination and perseverance, and I am glad that I had the chance to positively affect the company’s success!
Thanks for listening,